CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES EDUCATION PROGRAMS
The role of the Family and Consumer Sciences Education Programs Consultant is to provide technical assistance for FCS secondary programs and sometimes lend support to Community College programs.
Consumer and Family Studies curriculum is concentrated on nine content areas, each of which teach personal, family, and work management skills, as well as provide a sound background for career exploration and specialization in careers in FCS related occupations.
Contact: Melissa Webb
Family and Consumer Sciences Education Programs Consultant
1430 N Street, Suite 4202
Sacramento, CA 95814
FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (Formerly Home Economics Careers and Technology or HECT) http://www.ca-fcs.org/
A vital segment of the California educational system, Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) Education Programs integrate academic and career-technical skills, concepts, and principles in the context of work, family, and personal responsibilities. FCS content instruction focuses on the interrelationship of science, technology, career-technical, and life management skills to prepare students for advanced education, careers, and managing work and family roles. Through this program, students are equipped with “skills for living and earning a living.”
Contact: Nina Dilbeck
California State University Fresno
5300 N. Campus Dr., FF 114
Fresno, CA 93740-8019
phone: 559-278-4236 or 559-349-5826
** Check out our Professional Development Opportunities here.
FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES TEACHERS ASSOCIATION of CALIFORNIA (Formerly Home Economics Teachers Association of California or HETAC) http://www.fcstac.org/
FCSTAC is an influential and effective organization that advocates for teachers on issues impacting their programs and curriculum.
President: Dawn Maceyka firstname.lastname@example.org
Legislative Liaison: Mona Klein email@example.com
Mission and Purpose
- To increase networking and communication among Family & Consumer Sciences teachers
- To keep teachers informed of the latest educational issues
- To encourage high standards of teaching
- To expand and improve public knowledge of Family & Consumer Sciences
- FCSTAC is a professional organization focusing of the unique needs of Family & Consumer Sciences teachers
- To actively promote the interests of Family & Consumer Sciences teachers
- To support FCCLA as an integral part of Family & Consumer Sciences programs
- To recognize and honor individuals for outstanding contributions to Family & Consumer Sciences