CA-AFCS districts are pleased to be able to offer scholarships to qualified students. Please carefully review the various scholarships and the specific requirements. It is the applicant’s responsibility to clarify questions and deadlines and to submit completed application forms and required materials by the various deadlines. Membership information may be found on the AAFCS website. If you have questions or need help, please contact the specific person listed in each district.
General Eligibility Requirements
Must be one of the following:
- a graduate or undergraduate student majoring in Family & Consumer Sciences or specialization
- a student obtaining a Family & Consumer Sciences credential at an accredited college/university
Deadline for Application submission: April 1, 2022
- Bay District Scholarship
* Available to members of the Bay District only
- Marguerite Fenner Scholarships
* 2 or more scholarships generally available
* Available to women enrolled in Northern California college/university at the time of scholarship award
The Bay District Scholarship application uses the google docs format. A Google account is required to complete and submit the online application. Hint: you might want to first prepare statements within the word limit, then copy and paste into the program. You cannot save and return to your work. You may submit your application between March 1-April 1, 2022. Click on the following link to enter the application:
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94132
North Central District
No scholarships will be given in 2021. Look for the 2022 application next year.
Deadline for Applications: TBA
2022 Scholarship Application (PDF) to come
NCD Scholarship Chairperson
11037 Kenebee River Ct.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Los Angeles District
Deadline for Applications: TBA
Applicants Notified: TBA
LA District will not be awarding scholarships this year.
Please check back next year for information regarding the 2022 scholarships.
Los Angeles District – CA-AFCS Scholarship Chairperson
San Diego District
A number of scholarships between $1200-$3000 are available this year to eligible applicants.
Online Application will be available for download from The San Diego Foundation on December 1, 2021.
Go to The San Diego Foundation website https://www.sdfoundation.org/students/community-scholarship-program/and enter the Common Application.
Application Due to the Foundation: February 2, 2022, 2:oo pm.
Three scholarship categories available. Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, room & board, and other educational expenses.
- Graduating high school seniors, current college students or graduate students majoring in Culinary Arts; Dietetics; Nutrition; Hospitality and Tourism; Human, Child and Family Development; Apparel Services; Fashion Design; Textile Design; Interior Design; Consumer Economics or Family and Consumer Science Education.
- Plan to or are currently attending an accredited two-year community college, four-year university, or licensed career/technical school in the United States.
- Undergraduate recipients must be enrolled full-time (12 units) per semester or (9 units) per quarter; graduate students may be enrolled full-time or part-time with awards allocated appropriately based upon enrollment units.
- California residents, though priority will be given to applicants from San Diego County.
- Must have a minimum 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Past recipients may re-apply and will compete with all other applicants.