CA-AFCS districts are pleased to be able to offer scholarships to qualified students. Please carefully review the various scholarships and the specific requirements. It is the applicant’s responsibility to clarify questions and deadlines and to submit completed application forms and required materials by the various deadlines. Membership information may be found on the AAFCS website. If you have questions or need help, please contact the specific person listed in each district.
General Eligibility Requirements
Must be one of the following:
- a graduate or undergraduate student majoring in Family & Consumer Sciences or sub-discipline
- a student obtaining a Family & Consumer Sciences credential at an accredited college/university
- a high school senior entering a FCS/HEC 2yr or 4yr college or university program in the Fall
Deadline for Applications: April 1, 2019
- Bay District Scholarship
* Available to members of the Bay District only
- Marguerite Fenner Scholarships
* 2 or more scholarships generally available
* Available to women enrolled in Northern California college/university at the time of scholarship award
Dr. Nancy Wolford
16171 Jasmine Way, Los Gatos, CA 95032
North Central District
NCD is offering two $500 scholarships to high school students.
NCD Scholarship Chairperson
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6053
Los Angeles District
Deadline for Applications: March 20, 2019
Applicants Notified: April 17, 2019
- Essie Elliott Scholarship
- Open to any full-time upper division FCS student at a 4-year institution in the Los Angeles area.
- Graduate Fellowship
- Open to any FCS graduate student in the Los Angeles area.
- Community College Scholarship
- Open to full-time or part-time students working toward an AA degree or certificate in one of the FCS concentration areas and planning to transfer to a four year institution in the Los Angeles area.
Los Angeles District – CAFCS Scholarship Chairperson
San Diego District
Online Application is Available for download from The San Diego Foundation: December 2018
Application Due to the Foundation: February 2019
Four scholarship categories available. Funds may be used for tuition, books, and fees.
Graduating High School Seniors, current college students or graduate students majoring in Food Sciences; Dietetics; Nutrition; Food Services; Hospitality; Human, Child and Family Development; Apparel, Fashion and Textile Services; Housing and Interiors; Consumer Economics; Management and Resources; or Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- Plan to or are currently attending an accredited two-year college, four-year university, or licensed trade/vocational school in the United States.
- Undergraduate recipients must be enrolled full-time (12 units) per semester or (9 units) per quarter; graduate students may be enrolled full-time or part-time with awards allocated appropriately based upon enrollment units.
- Preference will be to San Diego resident students; however, CA resident students will also be considered.
- Must have a minimum 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Past recipients may re-apply and will compete with all other applicants.