CA-AFCS districts are pleased to be able to offer scholarships to qualified students. Please carefully review the various scholarships and the specific requirements. It is the applicant’s responsibility to clarify questions and deadlines and to submit completed application forms and required materials by the various deadlines. Membership information may be found on the AAFCS website. If you have questions or need help, please contact the specific person listed in each district.
General Eligibility Requirements
Must be one of the following:
- a graduate or undergraduate student majoring in Family & Consumer Sciences or specialization
- a student obtaining a Family & Consumer Sciences credential at an accredited college/university
Deadline for Application submission: April 1, 2020
- Bay District Scholarship
* Available to members of the Bay District only
- Marguerite Fenner Scholarships
* 2 or more scholarships generally available
* Available to women enrolled in Northern California college/university at the time of scholarship award
The 2020 Bay District Scholarship application uses the google docs format. A Google account is required to complete and submit the online application. Hint: you might want to first prepare statements within the word limit, then copy and paste into the program. You cannot save and return to your work. Click on the following link to enter the application:
Dr. Ivana Markova
16171 Jasmine Way, Los Gatos, CA 95032
North Central District
Deadline for Applications: March 10, 2020
NCD is offering two $1,000 scholarships to a student in North Central District.
Students must be seeking a professional career in Family and Consumer Science related occupations.
This scholarship is for students who are current enrolled in a Community College, a Technical Professional School, or a 4-Year College and must also be enrolled in an accredited college or technical school during the 2019/2020 academic year.
NCD Scholarship Chairperson
11037 Kenebee River Ct.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Los Angeles District
Deadline for Applications: March 20, 2020
Applicants Notified: April 17, 2020
- Essie Elliott Scholarship
- Open to any full-time upper division undergraduate FCS student at a 4-year institution in the Los Angeles area.
- Graduate Fellowship
- Open to any FCS graduate student in the Los Angeles area.
Los Angeles District – CAFCS Scholarship Chairperson
San Diego District
Online Application will be Available for download from The San Diego Foundation: December 4, 2019
Go to The San Diego Foundation website https://www.sdfoundation.org/students/community-scholarship-program/and enter the Common Application
Application Due to the Foundation: February 5, 2020, 2:oo pm.
Three scholarship categories available. Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, room & board, and other educational expenses.
- Graduating high school seniors, current college students or graduate students majoring in Culinary Arts; Dietetics; Nutrition; Hospitality and Tourism; Human, Child and Family Development; Apparel Services; Fashion Design; Textile Design; Interior Design; Consumer Economics or Family and Consumer Science Education.
- Plan to or are currently attending an accredited two-year community college, four-year university, or licensed career/technical school in the United States.
- Undergraduate recipients must be enrolled full-time (12 units) per semester or (9 units) per quarter; graduate students may be enrolled full-time or part-time with awards allocated appropriately based upon enrollment units.
- California residents, though priority will be given to applicants from San Diego County.
- Must have a minimum 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Past recipients may re-apply and will compete with all other applicants.