2021 JOINT CA-AFCS, FCSTAC, AND
FCS LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
March 19-20, 2021
Fri. March 19, 3:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Sat. March 20, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
The 2021 joint conference is in the planning stages, but we know:
- It will be virtual
- Dates: March 19-20 (Friday afternoon and Saturday morning)
- Registration information to come soon
Call for Proposals
2021 Call for Proposals (PDF)
Proposals are requested for research, educational, or creative presentations on topics related to families, child development, nutrition, apparel, interior design, resource management, consumer studies, or others within family & consumer sciences content. Graduate student proposals are welcomed and encouraged. Presentations should fit into a 20 minute time slot including Q&A. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Authors will be notified of acceptance by mid-January.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
At least one author must be registered for the conference. There is no limit on the number of submissions. Presentations can be live or pre-recorded video with author available for Q&A. Submit proposals via email using the following process (one email per submission is required):
Prepare a 1-page summary of your proposed presentation (including references) using the following format:
- 1-inch margins, 12 pt font, single-spaced
- Title in caps centered at top, Author(s) and position on next line, Institution on next line
- Type the word Abstract in caps on next line, double-space and begin the abstract/summary
- For design submissions, include front, back, side, and detail photos following summary (total 2-page submission)
- Save your file in Word format with filename consisting of your last name and a number if you submit more than one abstract (e.g., Smith1.doc or Smith2.doc).
Submit your file as an attachment to an email to email@example.com by deadline. In the body of the email state the following:
- Names, positions, and institution of all authors
- Title of presentation
- Phone and email of the contact person
- Format: Pre-recorded video (with live Q&A) or Live
Accepted proposals submitted according to these criteria will be included in Conference Proceedings to be posted on the CA-AFCS website following the conference.
CA-AFCS Conference Planning Committee