CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION: FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES EDUCATION PROGRAMS
The primary role of the Family and Consumer Sciences Education Programs Consultant is to provide technical assistance for FCS secondary programs and sometimes lend support to Community College programs.
Consumer and Family Studies curriculum is concentrated on eighth content areas, each of which teach personal, family, and work management skills, as well as provide a sound background for career exploration and specialization in careers related to home economics related occupations.
Contact: Melissa Web
Family and Consumer Sciences Education
1430 “N” Street, Suite 4202
Sacramento, CA 95814
phone: (916) 319-0773
fax: (916) 319-0166
FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (Formerly Home Economics Careers and Technology or HECT) http://www.hect.org/
A vital segment of the California educational system, Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) Education Programs integrate academic and career-technical skills, concepts, and principles in the context of work, family and personal responsibilities. FCS content instruction focuses on the interrelationship of science, technology, career-technical, and life management skills to prepare students for advanced education, careers, and managing work and family roles. Through this program, students are equipped with “skills for living and earning a living.”
Contact: Nina Dilbeck
5300 N. Campus Dr., FF 114,
CSU, Fresno, CA 93740-8019
phone: 559-278-4236, 559-349-5826
** Check out our Professional Development Opportunities here.
FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES TEACHERS ASSOCIATION of CALIFORNIA (Formerly Home Economics Teachers Association of California or HETAC) http://www.hetac.org/
HETAC is an influential and effective organization that advocates for home economics careers and technology teachers on issues impacting their programs and curriculum.
President: Dawn Maceyka firstname.lastname@example.org
Legislative Liaison: Mona Klein email@example.com
Mission and Purpose
- To increase networking and communication among Home Economics Careers and Technology teachers
- To keep teachers informed of the latest educational issues
- To encourage high standards of teaching
- To expand and improve public knowledge of Home Economics Careers and Technology
- FCSTAC is a professional organization focusing of the unique needs of Home Economics Careers and Technology Teachers
- To actively promote the interests of home economics careers and technology teachers
- To support FCCLA as an integral part of home economics careers and technology programs
- To recognize and honor individuals for outstanding contributions to home economics careers and technology